I started playing golf when I was 11, I quickly developed a passion for the game. For the last number of years, I have put a huge amount of time and effort into my golf game to be the best I can be. Managing my time and being very organised is very important for me, and as I am still in school I develop a weekly timetable to follow which includes lots of golf practice, gym work, golf lessons and playing courses while completing my required school work. As a result of having played in so many different competitions and championships, both team and individual, I have developed huge mental resilience and I am able to remain very calm and focused when under pressure. I am also a very versatile person and capable of adapting to different situations as demanded whether on the golf course or at school. I like to set goals and targets for myself when practicing and I really enjoy trying to reach these targets. I also value constructive criticism and view it positively as it helps me to continually improve. I have been selected for the Golf Ireland Performance Development Panel 2022 and this is a great opportunity as I am learning and benefitting so much from participating in it. My parents also offer huge support to me on my golf journey and I greatly appreciate this.
STATS & ATHLETICS
Tullamore Golf Club (H)/Esker Hills Golf Club (A)
Golf Ireland underage Interprovincial Championship Team.
I have represented Tullamore Golf Club each year in individual and foursome interclub competitions.
U18 Interprovincial Championships (Ballykisteen)
I was selected by Golf Ireland for the Leinster Girls 2023 Interprovincial Team.
Our team won the 2023 National U18 Girls Interprovincial Championship.
Aug 21st – 25th 2023
Irish Womens Amateur Open (Woodbrook)
Irish Womens Amateur Close (Connemara Course AB)
Connaught Girls Amateur Open (Castle Dargan)
All Ireland Irish Schools Final – Senior Girls (Miltown)
- 2022 – Selected by Golf Ireland for the Leinster Girls Interprovincial Team, this team won the 2022 National U18 Girls Interprovincial Championship.
- 2022 – Golf Ireland Irish Schools Senior Girls Championship Mid Leinster winners and All Ireland Finalists.
- 2022/2023 – Golf Ireland Irish Schools Senior Girls Championship Mid Leinster winners and All Ireland Finalists.
- 2022 – AIG Women’s Senior Foursomes with Tullamore Golf Club.
- 2022 – AIG Women’s Senior Cup with Tullamore Golf Club.
- 2022 – Australian Spoons Competition Leinster Central finalists.
- 2022 – 12th place – Leinster U18 Girls Open Championship. Qualified for Championship match play.
- 2022 – Runner Up – Ulster Girls (U18) Championship.
- 2022 – Tied 6th – Ulster Women’s Championship.
- 2022 – 10th place – Munster Girls (U18) Championship.
- 2022 – 16th place – Munster Women’s Senior Open Championship.
- 2022 – Selected for the Golf Ireland U17 Girls Performance Squad.
- 2022 – Irish Girls Amateur Close Championship, qualified for Plate Match play and won round one match.
- 2022 – AIG Irish Women’s Close Championship, qualified for Match play and won round one match.
- 2021 – 3rd place – Connacht U16 Girls Open Championship, shooting +3.
- 2021 – Winner U18 Category – Connacht Women’s & Girls Junior Open Championship.
- 2021 – Winner Sybil Meharg Salver – Ulster Women’s & Girls Open Championship.
- 2021 – 10th place in overall Ulster Women’s & Girls Open Championship, shooting +8.
- 2021 – Winner U19 Girls – Champion of Champions World Championship, shooting +4 in final round, in 2020 I placed third in the U15 category in this same event.
I am a patient, calm and committed individual. I know how to focus on my game and listen to my mentors advice in terms of improving all the time. I have developed very good course management skills. When playing in a competition I focus on the current shot and never look back when shots do not go as planned. I know I can analyse everything when finished playing and look for improvements and rectify any issues. My motto is that every shot is a new shot and an opportunity to improve on the previous one. My mind-set is that I can’t change my past shots but I can influence my future shots. I am a team player and I gained a significant amount of experience working on team projects during my transition year in school. I also have a great ability to manage time between golf and school work and allow things to happen without getting stressed.
The opportunity of getting to compete at a very high level has been a goal of mine for a long time. Competing at college would really help my game improve and greatly enhance my experience as a golfer and make lifelong friends. It would also give me the opportunity to demonstrate my talents and provide a stepping stone to achieve greater things in life in both sporting and academic fields. Having top class training facilities with very experienced coaches and playing on the most challenging golf courses with and against players of a very high standard would challenge and inspire me to reach my long term goals. I have put a huge amount of time, hard work and dedication into getting to the level I am currently at and I believe I am now ready to take the next step and play at college level. I believe the US college system is excellent in balancing academics and sport and would assist me in achieving my goals.
Apart from obtaining a degree, I want to actively participate and contribute to the course in which I will study so that I can achieve the maximum benefit from the college experience and attain the highest possible grades also. I would like to achieve highly both academically and sporting wise. I would like to represent the college at every opportunity possible on the golf team and always make an impact. I would always want to promote the college through my golf and through my study as a means of saying thanks should I be lucky enough to be awarded a college place in the US. I would like to meet new friends, be a good citizen that co-operates and listens to others points of view and experience life in the US as a student athlete. I would also like to get involved in extra-curricular activities as another means of meeting new people and engaging in university life in a different way and possibly encouraging others to join with me. At the end of the day, I just want the university to be proud of me and I will work very hard to achieve that.